OUR STEEL IS SUBSTANTIALY CLEANER THAN ALTERNATIVES
The Elevator Guide Rail steel produced in North America comes from local recycled scrap metal rather than mining iron ore.
- This prevents consuming natural resources (iron ore).
- Our recycling process keeps scrap metal out of landfills.
- Produced in an electric arc furnace that depends on a highly sustainable hydroelectricity source.
The billets are heated to their optimal temperature, with an efficient natural gas source, to be rolled into its desired shape.
In Canada, we can produce the same steel product with significantly fewer emissions than our competitors.
- When comparing steel produced from iron-ore, mini mill operations can achieve the same product with a 75% reduction in our carbon footprint
Did you know?
- Gerdau Manitoba tracks our Greenhouse Gas Emissions and is ISO 14064 certified.
- This means all our emissions have been verified and reported!